Unite NY’S Voter Empowerment Index
In 2022, Unite NY launched the Voter Empowerment Index (VEI) to provide independent polling to track voter sentiment on various reforms. That months-long project resulted in significant media coverage and established UNY and the VEI as a go-to resource for input on independent voters and the electorate’s views on reform.
In 2023, VEI 2.0 will Focus on Issues, Messaging, and Engaging Voters
In conjunction with local and national partners, UNY will spend 2023 digging deeper into the issues of reform that matter most to voters. Want to learn more or join the effort? Contact us here.
What Did We Find in VEI 1.0?
- 40% considering leaving NYS due to broken government
- More than 50% want Open Primaries
- 2/3 want term limits and campaign finance reform
- 60% want to make it easier for candidates to get on the ballot
- 61% want initiative and referendum
- More than 50% believe partisan politics gotten worse since 2020
VEI 1.0 Results
May 26 – VEI Volume 4
April 12 – VEI Volume 3
March 4 – VEI Volume 2
February 1 – VEI Volume 1